To follow up on the announcement of the incentive system and the collection of points (CREEs) for rewards, here are the details on how it will work.
There are 3 levels of points at which one can be eligible for a reward:
• Bronze level when you collect 50 points,
• Silver level when you collect 100 points,
• Gold level when you collect 150 points.
Each level includes a set of rewards from which you can make a choice. When you collect your reward at one level you do not loose your accumulated points, but you continue collecting more points on top of what you have already obtained.
How can you collect points?
• 1 point for voting in an opinion poll
• 1 point for leaving a comment to a post
• 1-3 points for participation in a discussion forum topic.
• 5 points for starting a discussion on the forum and managing the discussions that occur afterward.
• 10 points for writing a review of a journal article and posting it either as a blog or on the discussion board.
(Marginal and non constructive participation will not be counted (e.g., “this is great” or “I agree with Isabelle”, etc.).
You will be able to check your collected points on your grade book that is on the Discussion Forum site (www.menareti.net)
Please visit the CREEs Page on this website for the list of rewards that are available.
LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!
Next Week: How to post a blog!
I am a little bit confused about writing a review of a journal article; do you mean that I summarize an article I read in a journal or an article I wrote and accepted in a conference for example? Or both options?
Thanks for your time,
Thanks for your interesting question!
By summarizing an article you read, we mean an article that you did not write, but you read it and share with the group a summary or your opinion about the article. You can also post the article itself with the summary. An example is Amal’s latest post of the article (Parental attitudes) and its summary.
On the other hand, you can certainly also summarize an article or a presentation that you wrote or presented in a conference. This is a post or a blog, and that’s a different category.
Hope I was able to answer your question!